Listed below are the answers to the most frequently asked questions relating to skoool.ie. If you don't find what you're looking for here, please fill in our Feedback form or e-mail the email@example.com
What is the educational credibility of skoool.ie?
skoool.ie leverages the expertise of the top teachers in their fields, as well as key members of the syllabus and examination boards for the sourcing and development of the course content that appears on skoool.ie. Click here to find out more.
What is E-learning?
E-learning uses state of the art technologies to bring you interactive learning resources on the Internet. Some of the terms you may come across are defined below:
- A learning unit is a collection of resources designed to achieve a set of learning objectives. These are set out by experienced teachers in their respective fields and implemented by editors working with graphic and web designers. The unit includes a lesson, an assessment test and a revision sheet.
- A lesson is an interactive tool designed to teach the user specific topics, e.g. in the Junoir Cycle Biology courseware, there is a lesson about Blood and Circulation. Using interactive visual and audio tools, the user is guided through the lesson and tested on its content.
- An assessment is a mini-exam based on a specific lesson. At the end, the user is given their score as a percentage and shown the correct answers to the questions they answered incorrectly.
- A revision sheet is an A4-sized page that the user can print out. The essential content from the relevant lesson is outlined in bullet-point form and explained in an accessible way, ideal for quick reference and revising a topic.
- Interactive content describes content which the user influences. For example, in an assessment question, the user can choose an answer and be told immediately if they were right or wrong. Or you can interactively answer a question by using the mouse to click on an answer or to click and drag images or words across the screen.
What is Courseware?
Courseware is a term that describes the educational content of skoool.ie. The bundle of lessons, assessments and revision sheets for each subject is termed 'courseware.'
An outline of the content and objectives of each piece of courseware can be found by clicking View Details next to the title of the lesson, assessment or revision sheet on the subject page.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with one of these resources, please read our technical problems section below.
If you have any further queries, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form in our Feedback area.
What, or who, are supporters?
Supporters are people or companies who have contributed to the development and ongoing maintenance of skoool.ie. You can find out more about them by clicking here.
To find out more about how to become a supporter, contact email@example.com
What if I have content-related issues?
If you want to make a point relating to the content of the site or any of the lessons, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What do I do if I have technical problems?
If you are experiencing technical problems,
- Refresh the page you are looking at to see if the problem is resolved;
- Close and re-open the lesson, assessment or revision sheet you are accessing;
- Check the technical requirements section to see if your PC system is compatible with skoool.ie;
- If you are still experiencing technical problems, please use our Feedback area or contact email@example.com
How do I submit feedback?
You can make suggestions and comments, report any bugs you find on the site, let us know what you think of skoool.ie lessons, or fill in a survey by clicking here and following the instructions on the page.
Otherwise, if you have a suggestion or comment about the content of the site, this should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All technical comments, technical queries or notification of bugs should be addressed to email@example.com
How do I search for something in skoool.ie?
skoool.ie has a search facility at the top left of all of our pages, underneath our logo.
To use search, enter a simple description of what you are looking for in the textbox, and click Go. The more precise your description, the easier it will be to find what you want.
If you are experiencing problems or cannot find what you are looking for, try first to locate the information by section headings. If you still cannot find your chosen topic, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Explore and how can I use it?
The Explore section delves deeper and reaches out further than the content of the lessons. It aims to bring the reader, whether a student, teacher or parent, additional material to expand their experience of a subject beyond the courseware and into the 'real world'.
You can view the Explore content simply by clicking on the title of the article.
What is 'Discussion'?
Discussion at skoool.ie is a forum that registered users can access to discuss in more detail the poll question that appears on the skoool.ie homepage.
How do I use the Discussion area?
Click here to find out more about using the Discussion area.
How is skoool.ie organised?
skoool.ie is organised by section, according to the user.
Junior Cycle and Senior Cycle students can follow links to courseware and other material tailored to their needs. Similarly, if you are a teacher, the teachers channel will take you to information relevant to you.